Thursday, July 21, 2016

I miss blogging

It has been an eternity since I last wrote a blog.  You could blame it on busyness.  Or children.  Or work.  Or anything you want. But it doesn't change the fact that 4 years has gone by.

It's been a full and fantastically satisfying 4 years.

We adopted the children.
Our church merged with another and it has been awesome.
I stepped into the position of Mary Kay Sales Director (and did that for 2 years before deciding that I needed to step back for a season to focus on my family, and moving...)

Yup, moving.  As I write this we are spending our last 24 hours in our house.  The house that Tres and I built together.  It's a surreal, bittersweet day.  A day we've talked about for years and it's hard to believe that it is here. The house is practically empty.  Many of our things are already in storage or moved to my in-laws (where we'll be living for the next 6-8 months).

This house has been such a blessing.  We had our children in this house.  We've had laughter, tears, and every emotion in between. We've had family and friends stay, both for visits and for longer periods.  While it is so strange to know that we are voluntarily giving up this home, it's also right.  We've talked about it for a long time.  We've prayed and asked God for direction.  And we felt like the time was right.

Believe it or not, we are building a new house.  We can build a new house cheaper than we can keep this one.   And we are excited about it.  Our lot is beautiful.  The house will be beautiful.  And we'll create a whole new set of memories. I'll be posting pics on Facebook as we build.  So stay tuned! The Sansom's are going on a big adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment